We love book clubs.
Puhala and the Temple of Refuge would be a great addition to any book gathering because of its fast paced dialogue, amazing diversity and
1. How do you feel about how the story was told?
2. What did you think about the main characters?
3. Which parts of the book stood out to you?
4. Are there any quotes, passages, or scenes you found particularly compelling?
5. What were the main points you think the author was trying to make about ancient Hawaii?
6. Were you satisfied or disappointed with how the story ended?
7. Do you have a new perspective as a result of reading this book?
8. Did you learn something you didn’t know before?
9. What did you like best about this book?
10. Which characters in the book did you like best?
11. If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
12. Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
13. What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he or she trying to get across?
14. How original and unique was this book?
15. If you could hear this same story from another person’s point of view, who would you choose?
16. What did you already know about this book’s subject before you read this book?
17. What new things did you learn?
18. What do you think about the author’s research? Was the information concerning ancient Hawaii laid out clearly and credibly?
19. What aspects of the author’s story could you most relate to?
20. Why do you think the author chose to tell this story?